Transaction hasn't shown up

Hi, has this ever happened to any of you?

Last night (Saturday) I used my Dozens card (Contactless), however my phone was out of battery so I didn’t notice whether I got the usual instant notification or not.

Once I got home and checked the account, I noticed the transaction hadn’t shown up - not even pending and the amount in there is still the same as before. This is still the case this morning.

Surely if the card hadn’t worked for whatever reason the cashier would have highlighted this, but it all seemed fine. I was still on the premises for an hour or so (bar/restaurant) so they could easily have come to my table and told me if there was an issue.

Obviously it’s now Sunday so it might not update on the vendors side, but getting a tiny bit concerned that I’ve accidentally ‘stolen’ my food. :sweat_smile:

I have heard that some bars might collect transaction data as if it were “offline” (as if you were spending on an aircraft in flight) if there is an issue of connectivity or maybe just too busy to wait for all card authentications.

This may not be true, or the case here, but it is possible that something like this happened and the data for the transaction is still being held by the restaurant before being sent through on the next working day. Keep an eye on the account and see if it comes through on Monday. You can always call us and we can look into this in more detail :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had this in a cafe once. I paid on their handheld terminal at the table. Nothing showed in the app that day, so I thought I’d made off without paying.

You’d think that would be a good thing, but most people would feel terrible, for small businesses at least…

It just popped up at some point the next day.

2 Likes