The Dozens Savings Plc listed 5% p.a. Fixed Interest Bonds are Back!

Yes, there will. This is an odd month as the first fell on a weekend and there’s a back holiday Monday as well.

Bidding will start tomorrow and run until the 24th

I’ll update the stats for the past issuance tomorrow as well

3 Likes

Just had notification my bid of £900 was accepted for the June issuance

2 Likes

:cry: I, unfortunately have just been rejected for the first time. A little bit slow off the mark because of the long weekend and then a series of work calls. Will be interesting to see the stats to determine whether it was the bid amount or just its tardiness which caused the failure.

I don’t suppose you bid £1000? In which case, I’m fairly confident it’s the amount, based on what I’ve seen myself.

1 Like

Yes, £900 was the max this time

1 Like

@robert can we get an update on https://communityarchive.dozens.com/t/dozens-savings-plc-listed-5-p-a-fixed-interest-bonds-issuances

2 Likes

was just about to do that - now updated

4 Likes

Didn’t get it this month :scream:

It will be interesting to see the stats. The highest successful bid appears to be reducing steadily due to steadily greater take-up.

Were you above £800 and when did you place your bid?

£900 on 2nd … Would have been am

My £800 bid was accepted, so looks like the highest accepted has dropped even further

@robert any chance of the August stats?

1 Like

hi guys, did anyone have any issues with placing a bid on a bond for Aug?
I kept trying, before the closing date and time, but the option wasn’t available for me. I just assumed the bidding closed earlier for Aug as a result

Sorry to hear that. We didn’t hear of any issues. What day was it that you were trying?

Yeah I think this will continue until they do a bigger issuance again. I’ve always bid £500 except for the £1,000,000 when I bid £2000 as I figured that was more likely to be accepted.

Oba rather be in than out basis, as I’d hate to miss out if I tried to game it to get the max possible

1 Like

they are now closed to new bidding :sob:

The 5% p.a. fixed interest bonds are Dozens’ first financial innovation. They were designed to introduce customers to investment products, and reward them for putting aside small amounts on a regular basis and setting it aside for a year.

And they’ve been a great success! Over the last two years, we’ve had 5,530 bids received for the bonds, of which 4,211 were successful. Over £3.6m worth of bonds have been issued, over £1.8m have already matured, paying out over £120,000 in interest to customers like you.

Now we have some new plans.

One of the limitations of the bonds is that, due to the cost of funding them, a cost we bear as a business, we have to limit the amount available each month. We designed a reverse bidding system which allowed the funds to be spread across as many people as possible. However, at a fixed 5% p.a., a rate unheard of in the market, the funds could still be distributed only so far. And, while this bidding system made it fairer, it added time and complexity to the purchase process, which naturally became a barrier for some customers. The bonds are fantastic at delivering returns, but not quite as financially inclusive as we’d like.

While we remain committed to differentiating the Dozens proposition through financial product innovation, the internal infrastructure investment – both in terms of time and costs – required to run the bonds, is not yielding as wide an impact as we would like. We believe, if we used those same resources for other financial products, we can aim for even more successful, and more inclusive financial product launches in 2022.

Cue… a new 1% product, that will allow us to bring returns to more people. It will be simpler, as it will have no bidding system, and the 1% p.a. will be on amounts up to £5,200 – so a potential regular earning of £1 a week.

This does mean that from today there will be no new issuances of the Dozens Savings Plc 5% p.a. fixed interest bonds. We want to stress, that if you currently hold bonds these will not be affected at all. Your bonds will continue, and your interest will continue to be paid monthly.

Finally we’d like to thank each and every bondholder for your amazing trust in this unique financial product, our team and mission, even through, what have been universally challenging times. We will be coming back to you soon with our new, simple, financially inclusive product – the 1%!

:sob: but understandable, they’re not financially sustainable forever!

I agree, it really was too good to be true, but glad it lasted as long as it did.

1 Like