The Dozens Savings Plc listed 5% p.a. Fixed Interest Bonds are Back!

Dec bid accepted, much higher than the usual amount.

:crossed_fingers: We can draw it out for a nice family holiday in the summer.

Thanks Dozens😀

Anyone know the allocation for this month?

It is £100,000 and I try to keep this thread updated for reference (see OP)

2 Likes

Good to see the Highest bid is quite high this time with the bigger share!

Also would be good to know how many bids are being made if possible?
To see if more people are bidding month by month? @robert

My fault for getting off topic.

All this info is provided in the linked post above

We know how many successful bids but not many total bids (including failed ones).

I understand the request, but I feel that we are already publishing a great deal of information, so I don’t think we will be adding that too.

Our goal is not to ‘gamify’ the bidding and issuance of bonds (by trying to calculate likely maximum accepted bids), but to make it easy for new customers to start their journey by being reassured seeing others taking part.

6 Likes

I do understand that reason for this, but OTOH how else are we supposed to pass the time during Lockdown 3.0? I completed Netflix in Lockdown 2! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

£1000 failed for me in this months round :frowning:

I’ll publish the full stats shortly, but I believe that the highest accepted bid this month was £1000, so it means that others managed to get a bid in before yours for that amount

sorry you missed out this time

3 Likes

£1000 worked for me, seems like I got lucky!

For the record I bid as soon as bidding opened so got in early

Ssh, don’t share the secret :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah I missed out on them this time! Any idea when the next issuance will be?

bids for the next issuance will start on 1st Feb

3 Likes

Great news! Thanks for the swift reply

3 Likes

Do you expect Jan stats will be available before 1 Feb?

1 Like

My bid for the bond accepted, really happy about that :slight_smile:

This may not be the correct place to ask but let me try asking:

Do I have to pay a tax on the interest amount (I am in a high taxpayer category)

1 Like

I am sure it is taxable … all interest is taxable however there is a cumulative tax allowance of £500 for higher taxpayers £1000 for basic rate and zero for additional rate tax payers.

I am not a tax advisor … check out moneysavingsexpert - personal savings allowance

2 Likes

congratulations on your success :slight_smile:

In answer to your question on tax, knowing what tax each person is liable for is incredibly complex and personal.

Here, however, is an extract from Section 3 (Interest & Fees) of the terms of the bonds that may help (and are related to the information shared by @Wickster as well)

Interest payments are made gross of tax. For Dozens bonds that you do not hold through an ISA, you will be responsible for paying any tax due on the interest earned.

Basic rate tax payers are generally able to benefit from £1,000 of tax-free income from savings (such as Dozens bonds), and higher rate tax payers can earn up to £500 of interest without paying tax. There is no allowance in the additional rate (45%) tax bracket. Otherwise please note that interest from the Dozens bonds is treated as (and therefore taxed as) income at your normal tax rates depending on your annual income level.

Any tax-free allowances must take into account all interest you earn across any financial products, not just Dozens bonds. Please note that we cannot give you financial or tax advice, and we are required to tell you by law that tax treatment (including ISA tax treatment) depends on your individual circumstances which could change in the future if your circumstances change.

There are no fee deductions from the 5% per year fixed interest rate

4 Likes

Thank you @robert , @Wickster

1 Like