The Dozens Savings Plc listed 5% p.a. Fixed Interest Bonds are Back!

Me too, sitting in savings when I woke up. All very painless compared to other accounts where you have to jump through hoops to get the advertised interest rate.

Now what to spend my extra fiver on? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Like others, was confused that there was no notification or email. Am slightly more confused though about the amount - put £100, expected to find £105 but my balance showing £101.22. I have not used my account much during recent chaos, but I’ll be damned if I can find the savings transaction list - was looking for it to help me see what happened - have I gone blind and simply missing it?

hi @erikhar and thanks for posting

this is a good issue to raise. The list for ‘Grow’ transactions is currently hidden and will remain so while we transition to our new system. Sorry about that. There were some issues with how the data was displayed, so to avoid confusion we had to work on this.

The interest on the bonds was paid each month over the year, and at maturity there are two transactions - the final interest and the return of the principal.

Is it possible that some money was transferred back to Spend? If you don’t recall this, you can get a transaction report from Customer Service but if you need this now, we sent you a 2019/20 Cash Savings Statement in June and you might be able to see any transactions in that.

Do let me know if there are still questions.

2 Likes

Thanks Robert, no that explanation is all I needed and would have figure that out for myself had the list been available. Good to know and thanks for responding so quickly.

2 Likes

@robert last FY I invested into bonds via ISA . is it possible to keep the principal amount on maturity into ISA so that it can be invested back from ISA without loosing the last year ISA contribution?

I suspect the answer is yes. But if you have both ISA and non-ISA bonds it probably won’t be obvious within the app that the ISA principle has stayed within your ISA wrapper. Dozens need to improve in this area:

@o99 , Thanks for sharing that discussion. it is very useful.
Another question @robert When using last year ISA maturity amount + interest if I invest again in bonds during this FY, is it treated by Dozens as new ISA or continuation of old ISA Account? As for this year I already opened Share ISA account somewhere else, I cant open new one hence the question.

Failed bid at £1,200… must have been more/higher bids than previous months.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that… my guess is that the cut-off will be £1000 with only the early bids being accepted.

Next month will be interesting as the £1,000,000 issue is returned 1st Nov…

Good guess @dan_g - and sorry you missed out this time @DrProsper

I’ve just posted the results, and as you can see there was a big increase in the total amount bid this month

I will be posting details of the next issuance shortly

3 Likes

I’m still perplexed by the constant bid(s) of 10/20/50k.

I know its hard to get decent interest on larger sums, but surely dripping 1k/month (usually accepted) into Dozen’s bonds and taking 0.5% on the rest is a better return than hoping nobody else bids on Dozens bonds this month…

Or do the people bidding this much not read the rules?

5 Likes

My £1500 bid didnt work out either… Damn you Dozens Bonds becomming more and more popular!! lol

Looking forward to the bumper issuance - good timing as my bumper bond from one of the previous £1m issuances ‘matures’ in November so be good timing for the next bumper issuance!!

2 Likes

No November issuance?

This was the November issuance, I think. End of October, starts in November.

They originally named issuances that way - issuance named for the month the bonds were actually issued rather than the month in which bids were placed.

But recently they’ve been naming issuances based on the month in which the bidding happens.

first, well spotted @o99

you are correct - but there’s a little more to the story

As we are about to go through the migration process for the cards, there will be some days in the next month where customers may not be able to bid for bonds or be always able to move money in and out for their bids. It is therefore prudent to not open the next issuance immediately. Instead, as we said in the emails that went out to bidders today:

"You won’t have to wait too long for another chance. Instead of its usual monthly £100k issuance, Dozens Savings plc will be launching a bigger, bumper issuance very soon! Make sure you’ve opted in to receive marketing emails from us to be the first to know when it goes live."

I will share the details of the issuance, including dates it will open and close, and the total value, as soon as I can. There’s a lot of news coming out in the next few days and weeks and this will be a big part of it, but there’s lots more exciting stuff too.

6 Likes

Was this email only to unsuccessful bidders? I was fortunate enough that my bid was successful but this text wasn’t included in the email…

yes as it was something immediately relevant to them and we needed to let them know about the bid and what comes next

the full news will be sent to all customers very soon, so you are getting a sneak preview here

BTW congratulations on a successful bid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve just logged into the app to find my first bonds have matured which was a pleasant surprise - can’t believe a year has passed already :slight_smile:

Should the app give you a notification that the bonds have matured? I only noticed as the “put aside this month” figure was higher than i expected

Update: no notification but I have received an email at around 4pm so that’s something

3 Likes

Same here. I knew the bonds were about to mature but I still think the app should give a notification.

2 Likes