The Dozens Savings Plc listed 5% p.a. Fixed Interest Bonds are Back!

I understand that any outstanding interest payments will be made tonight, so they should all be in your Grow account tomorrow morning. If not, do let customer service know via email, chat or call tomorrow

Perfect, thanks @robert.

Funnily enough, I’ve just come off the chat with CS, and they had no idea on time frames.

I also asked if I could withdraw my Bond balance (which I’ve been planning on doing for months), and still receive the interest payment - They said that I shouldn’t do that, as it might cause more delays…

I do feel that the message from yourself and this forum is usually more accurate and up to date than the CS, which isn’t ideal.

I have direct access to the individuals who are managing everything, so I have a bit of an advantage over the guys who are on the phones & chat all day.

We discuss on our internal comms channels and I have the luxury of ‘interpreting’ what is discussed while they (obviously) need to wait until we have more confirmed information so they don’t say anything that might be incorrect or incomplete. I do apologise, but in most cases there’s not much difference or delay, you just happen to be on the ball!!

Technically you will not withdraw any bonds, you sell them and you can do this any time. You will get your interest if you sell them after you have accrued the interest over the month. The month runs until the date of the issuance / payment so that’s your cut off date.

In most there will be no issue with selling whenever you want, but in this case their advice was correct - since there is a slight delay in some interest payments, it would be best - if you can - to wait until that is sorted just to avoid the possibility of confusion and possibly having to call again. However, if you are in a rush, you can go ahead and I’m sure it would get sorted.

2 Likes

Just opened app and all my bonds have disappeared, and there are no savings transactions (as i was informed not implemented yet) so it appears Dozens has taken my money and i have no proof. This is obviously not the case but problematic …

1 Like

Mine has done the exact same thing - can’t even bid for the current bond issuance.

Sorry about that @Wickster and @maria

I have checked with my colleagues. I believe there may be a slight delay loading that section of the app. If you click on ‘Your Bonds’ and leave the page open for a minute or two, your existing bonds should appear.

We do not store information locally like this so that it is always up to date, so there are times where the information takes a little longer to update in the app than others. This should not be noticeable, but can occur if there happens to be an additional load on the servers.

I will check with the technical team, but don’t worry, your bonds are still there and you should still be able to bid on the current ‘February Issuance’ if you let the page load.

If it is still not loading, can you please try logging out completely, then logging in again. This should get all the latest information from the server. Again, it may be slow but it is working (I checked and I had the same thing, but it loaded after about 30 seconds).

Finally, if it still does not load, please contact the help desk and we will look into your accounts.

In the interim, I will raise this with the technical team.

Thanks for checking in!

1 Like

Just checked and it took about 20 seconds before anything was showing in Grow

1 Like

Since some of you asked (but we’ve not updated the app interface yet) - just a friendly reminder that the current issuance closes in around 48 hours - in case you were waiting.

4 Likes

@robert, Thanks. When are you going to announce the result ? Tomorrow :cowboy_hat_face:

We’ve usually managed to get back to all bidders within 1-2 working days after closing, so hopefully, yes :slight_smile:

EDIT (27/1/20): … and they were. All bids were either accepted or the money has been returned. Hope you got what you wanted. Detailed stats coming shortly in the archive topic

4 Likes

@robert, when are we going to get the stats for current Bonds bidding,which is closed ? These are very interesting and help to define the strategy for next bidding so love these :smile:

Generally speaking these are available once the issuance is carried out, so after the 1st working day of the month. Sometimes I get a sneak peak if the calculations have all been done early.

I’ll share as soon as I have them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How big is the April 2020 issuance?

Bidding seems to be open in the app but I haven’t see any info of size of issuance.

Thanks

1 Like

I’m updating the bond post as we speak, but the answer is that it will be £100,000 for the April 2020 issuance. Closing date for bonds is end of the day on 24/3/2020

1 Like

Will you start issuing bonds again?

I got all excited then…

6 Likes

@gsra99dozens @Robertiwills

4 Likes

How does bidding on a bond work?

i.e. when are the deadlines, does a larger or smaller amount make it more likely to get one

1 Like

I’ve just has a push message saying bids are open, that’s great!

For those of us who had cancelled bids last time, I believe you said there would be priority in this round?

Do you have to make exactly the same bid? What if you bid more / less?

edit - just seen email clarifying, thanks.

1 Like

First time I’ve actually bid on a bond, I found the whole process simple.