Rob's Reading List - 7 Feb 2020

I come across a variety of articles each week that give me more perspective on issues around personal debt, developments in fintech, or innovation in financial services or maybe in the wider economy. I’d like to share a few of the interesting ones in case anyone is interested. I hope you enjoy browsing through them.

Note, some may be behind paywalls (I will try to mark these) but I will share in case you have access or choose to subscribe.

Please bear in mind that I share these in a spirit of curiosity and personal education. These are not intended to be an endorsement of the content or the publication.

There have been a lot of stories about personal data recently. This is an area that will only grow in importance, and something we should all be aware of.

This was shared with me and it is full of great advice for any business, but also in life and even in working with a community. I’ve quoted Rule 4 below, but Rules 8 & 9 also resonate for me.

Give meaningful discussions a meaningful amount of time to develop and unfold. Rushing to judgement, or demanding immediate responses, only serves to increase the odds of poor decision making.

Based on research by Which? it seems that the squeeze on cash continues as the number of fee-free machines drops while bank branches are also closing.

This is a link to our recent report which makes for interesting reading, so I thought I would also include it here

This is from a new section of TNW about start-ups that looks like it might be interesting.

This article is not necessarily a huge revelation, but it did remind me of working here at Dozens, with our open-plan setting and AC’s desk alongside the rest of the team. It really does make the ‘transparency’ that is part of our internal values feel more real when we are all working alongside each other like this. However, there are potential downsides to this layout, so we have some more scheduled opportunities to interact with the CEO each week. I’m off to our “fireside chat” this afternoon - so if you want me to raise anything, let me know!

5 Likes