How can we be THERE when we’re way over HERE?

Whilst there’s plenty out there, this is my favourite definition of a community:

“Community is both a feeling and a set of relationships among people. People form and maintain communities to meet common needs”

I like it because it reminds us that geographical proximity isn’t the core of community. It’s a combination of emotions, experiences and stories which defy distance.

While it might not feel like it, we’re lucky to be going through these uncertain times when we are. We live in an incredible age of technology and can talk to people on the other side of the world at the tap of a button. Although technology can’t replace physical human contact, it does allow us to come together, wherever we are and feel a sense of community.

So my question is, what can our community do for you?

I’ll be posting a series of helpful (and some just for fun) links on certain themes, e.g finance, home schooling etc, that you can use for yourself or share to someone who needs it.

Please feel free to share anything that you’ve found helpful or interesting. Who knows, it might be exactly what someone is searching for.

If you think of any other categories of useful links we could be sharing, let me know and I will start a new resource.

3 Likes

I will be sharing interesting links on these resource posts for the next while rather than publishing the ‘Rob’s Reading List’ series

I trust you will join me in sharing useful, relevant and hopefully uplifting content to help us navigate these tough times.

1 Like