Apple Pay

Does this mean existing cards will need to be replaced?

I tried to add Dozens card to wallet and Apple Pay was emphatic that it was not compatible … iPone 8Plus on 12.3.2 Being able to use this utility is an important matter for me. I want to ditch PayPal to which my Fin tech bank is currently linked but I also want a backup option on smartphone only banking. I recently had to cancel my bank card after a phishing scam masquerading as PayPal. I was able to transfer funds to cover the week end to Nationwide (old backup) only to discover as I used touch ID for so long, I didn’t know my pin. Lucky for me the branch is local and the manager was hepful in securing cash and reissuance of pin - my linked email account is not working either (ever felt paranoid?). I am also not happy about Apple, Starling and others (O2) using SMS as a means of transacting 2FA is is lazy and simply not secure, even Google allows authenticator apps.

Dozens don’t support apple pay as yet.

1 Like

So, have Dozens implemented the unique BIN yet? Or any update on Google/Apple pay?

I use my phone to pay for things, so I’d be using my Dozens account alot more if I had Google Pay.

Thanks

1 Like

Agree with you wholeheartedly @misterbreen - Robert says [about 6 posts up from here] it is on it’s way. I have just got a phone that supports Apple Pay and have fallen in love with the convenience of it. As you say, I would use my Dozens account as my usual UK spending card if Apple Pay were available. The reporting / tracking on Dozens is way ahead of FD [well, actually they don’t have any at all]. R-

A post was split to a new topic: Security standardisation for getting into the app

I would like to see Dozens implement micro payment cards like Barclays bPay/PingIt devices so I don’t have to get my card out if my phone is dead :thinking:

Hey @robert, is Apple Pay still on the roadmap? Seems to have been a long time promised. As a lot of people in this thread, it would be my go to card (over Monzo and Amex) if you just added it.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks Mike - we really look forward to making this happen for you. It is DEFINITELY still on the roadmap.

We made some substantial changes to our plans for the way we work when we negotiated the change to Visa and brought in new partners, including ClearBank and others. This means we need to work through all these changes before we can then implement ApplePay, GooglePay etc. as these require the other elements (such as our new BIN) to be sorted before we can build, test and deploy this feature.

We are working on this, as well as new features and the availability of our Open Banking API all at the same time, so while we may not be announcing a lot of specific details, there is a huge amount happening, bringing us closer to that moment.

I appreciate that it is a bit more of a delay than we had hoped, but you will get SO many more useful features once all this work is all done, and it will be a more complete service - not just ApplePay but Direct Debits, Standing Orders and more.

7 Likes

Can’t wait. Take your time - get it right, and it’ll be a winning combination [for me at least]. R-

4 Likes

Any update Google and Apple pay? It’s take more than a few months…

Although things will undoubtedly have moved on since @robert last updated us there is clearly more work to be done with the Visa/Clearbank project.

I am as frustrated as others that it is taking so long, but harrying them is unlikely to make the Dozens techies deviate from the steady approach that time and resources allow.

We’ll hear from them when they’re ready to tell us. In the meantime you, and I, will use another Apple Pay supported bank card. R-

1 Like

It has taken longer than we first planned, but just as @Rogerb has pointed out, it is not just about ApplePay at this stage, it is about a whole migration and new integrations, so we are not ready to make this live at this stage. Sorry about that.

As we will be re-issuing all cards, with new account and card numbers, it would not make sense to have customers link these up to payment services only to immediately have to change them.

We will update you on the roadmap and timing as soon as we can but we will not make these changes over the Christmas period, so I expect news will be in the New Year.

Can’t wait, I’m sure you guys will have a smooth integration!

1 Like

Any update? Timeline? Or details of steps left to complete?

Nothing concrete yet I’m afraid. Sorry!

As we’ve explained before, the issue is not with the Apple Pay integration itself, but the fact that we will not be able to apply for this until we have made some other changes first. These are those that involve changing our orchestration layer to bring in our new partners, as well as securing our new BIN.

Since this will involve having to change every customer’s card you will definitely know when this has been completed. However, there is a lot of development, integration, upgrading and testing to be done before we do that, so it will still be some time.

I do hope to be able to share a more specific roadmap once the dates are more fixed, but we are not there yet.

3 Likes

At the moment I use curve card for Apple Pay purchases I just select on the curve app which bank card to charge the purchase to at the time that’s the fastest way to ensure most of my cards are on Apple Pay when the card itself isn’t supporting Apple Pay yet

Any update on this? I basically don’t use my Dozens account as it isn’t integrated with Google Pay.

Any news? I rarely use my card to be honest, I probably would if I could use Apple Pay.

1 Like

No news yet @jon @misterbreen - this is a very high priority for us once other development steps have been completed and we will definitely let everyone know when we have a clearer view of the date it might be available.